Monday, January 14, 2008

Let our progress not go unnoted

Our progress with the lace shawl is noted in these photographs. I'm delighted at how easy this lace pattern is--one must only keep track of which section you are in, and there are only two, most gratefully. The appearance here shows our progress after only three evenings of knitting. I particularly like patterns that allow me to have some gratification, if not immediately, at least soon thereafter.



And here is a close-up:




Also, I find that the opposite side has "bubbles" which are very convenient for checking your work. I think if you were looking at the front (right side) of the work, it may be a little harder to see any mistake that has been made. But the opposite side would reveal, I believe, any mistakes made. I have not been haunted by any such mistake, thankfully, but I did notice this and thought it good to mention. One other thing I've noticed is that the shawl is a bit narrow.


There are a few lace knitters who have joined me in knitting this shawl. I invite them to note any other unique observations made. I like this shawl so much that I believe I will make it over and over with different needles and different yarns, and probably will make it just a bit wider. The pattern was posted a few days ago--if you are looking for a free project a bit out of the ordinary, but certainly not difficult, then look at my archive.

No comments: