Sunday, July 6, 2008

Seeking your Approval, Most Humbly

I have been away for a goodly portion of time and I can only apologize and try so much harder than I have in the past. However, I will show you some of the projects with which I have been most busy.

On WWKINP Day I traveled to one of my favorite LYS, Yarnorama, and oh my, what a good time was had by all. I dyed my very first yarn. It was not simple dye friends, it was Kool-Aid! We took our sock blanks (a lovely blend of merino wool and nylon, for softness) and we soaked them in water and vinegar, dyed them, cooked them and then rinsed them. As many f you know, purple is my favorite color, so of course, I used colors that seemed quite complimentary. I wasn't really sure what I would end up with though. This is what a combination of Grape, Cherry and Lemon got me.






The photos show the lovely purply, red and pink well, but the subtle dots of yellow cannot be seen. What should I knit with this lovely yarn? I cannot seem to settle on a project for it, but I am sure the project will find me.

And now, I've made a new addition to my little fiber family of goodies and here it is:





It is a Schacht Rigid Heddle (Flip) Loom. My friend, and owner of Yarnorama, Susan Fricks, helped me load all the yarn on it and currently what you see on the warp is Tofutsies and the weft is Panda Silk. A most lovely combination of pinks and purples. I will share photos when I have completed it.

For now, I will leave you to your own devices as I make my way back to my loom. Lovely.

No comments: